Today, you can pay property tax online in Gurgaon, hustle-free. MCG has imposed various tariffs on commercial, vacant residential properties, and rented.
In this article, Affordable Home Gurgaon, will help you understand what property tax is, how to pay property tax online and offline, factors deciding MCG property tax, MCG property tax on commercial, residential, vacant, and industrial property, property tax on PG and MCG Penalties and Rebate.
Please read our article thoroughly; it will give you knowledge and idea to pay property tax in Gurgaon.
What is property Tax?
A property tax is the payment process for land owners to the local government or municipal corporation. It applies to all assets like rental houses, offices, and personal houses.
Factors Deciding MCG Property Tax
MCG Property Tax has some factors due to which tax varies; here are some essential factor
- Property Age: If your property is old, then you have to pay less amount, but if the property is newly constructed or built, then you have to pay more
- Building Type: Tax may be differed according to commercial, residential, industrial, and institutional properties.
- Area of the Property: You must pay more tax if the site is more.
- Market Value: It is one of the prominent factors for Property Tax.
- Property Location: If you live in an affordable region, then property tax is less, but if you live in an expensive area, you have to pay more tax.
MCG Property Tax
You can easily calculate MCG property Tax by using the calculator present on the MCG website. It is a free tool that can be used to calculate property tax.
MCG Property Tax on Commercial Property
|Area (Shops)||Rate per square yard|
|50 square yards||Rs.24|
|51-100 square yards||Rs.36|
|101-500 square yards||Rs.48|
|501-1000 square yards||Rs.60|
|Area||Rate per square feet|
|1000 square feet||Rs.12|
|Above 1000 square feet||Rs.15|
|Area (Institutional space)||Rate per square feet|
|2500 square feet||Rs.12|
|2501 to 5000 square feet||Rs.18|
|Above 5000 square feet||Rs.24|
MCG Property Tax for Industrial space
|Area||Rate per square yard|
|Above 50 acres||Rs.9 per square yard|
|2501 square yards to 2 acres||Rs.6 per square yard|
|2 acres to 50 acres||Rs.8 per square yard|
|2500 square yard||Rs.5 per square yard|
MCG Property Tax on Vacant Land
|Area||Rate per square yard (Residential)||Rate per square yard (Commercial)|
|Above 501 square yards||Rs.1||Rs.2|
|101square -500 square yards||Rs.0.5||Rs.5|
|100 square yards||Exempted||Exempted|
MCG Property Tax on Residential Property
|Area||Rate per square yard|
|Above 2 acres||Rs.10 per square yard|
|301 square -500 square yards||Rs.4 per square yard|
|501-1000 square yards||Rs.6 per square yard|
|1001 square yards to 2 acres||Rs.7 per square yard|
|300 square yards||Rs.1 per square yard|
How to pay MCG property tax online in Gurgaon/Gurugram?
Anyone can pay the tax online using the official website of MCG from the convenience of your home. Follow the below steps to pay property tax online:
- Firstly, you have to visit MCG’s official website, then log in (www.mcg.gov.in)
- If you are a new user, then you have first to register yourself
- On the Home screen, you have to click on Property Tax
- Now, find your property using Property ID; if you don’t have property ID, fill in details like address or registered name.
- Below there is the option to search. Click on the search option
- After the search option, you have to pay the displayed amount
- Now you can pay your dues through net banking, credit or debit card, UPI, etc.
- After the successful payment of dues, a payment receipt is generated. You can download it as proof.
How to pay property tax offline in Gurgaon/Gurugram?
- Anyone can pay property tax offline in Gurgaon by visiting the Property Tax collection center or citizen facilitation center and paying their bill offline. After visiting the municipal corporation of Gurgaon, you need to submit your property ID, address, or name.
The government official viewed your documents and fetched your details. Once the process is done, you must pay through cash, credit, or debit card. After the successful payment of your bill, you will get a payment receipt.
- Or you can visit the nearest branch of the Oriental bank of commerce in the city. A Bank official will verify your identity and then allow you to pay.
Property tax on PGs in Gurgaon
PGs is a well-known name in Gurgaon, but before 2018, paying guests (PG) was categorized as residential property, and its tax was appropriate. Since 2008, MCG was in lost 20 crores after such categorization.
But after Knowing the massive loss of 20 crores due to such categorization since 2008, MCG decided to convert the categorization of PG. Then MCG decided to convert PGs from residential to lodging houses to collect property Tax properly.
Under the Haryana Municipal Corporation Act, Owners have to pay a property tax of Rs 1,000 per bed per year as per the tax on PG accommodations.
MCG Property tax: penalties and Rebate
Penalties: If you are late for property tax payments, MCG will charge 1.5% per month. Also, if your declaration is incorrect, then MCG is liable to impose penalties along with interest per month. Any person who avoids penalty along with tax must pay property tax dues.
Rebate: If any owner pays property tax within 45 days of official notification of MCG, they are liable to a 30% allowance. Also, if owners pay tax before 31st July of the respective year, then the owner is responsible for a 10% allowance.
MCG property tax is not imposed on several groups or people, such as freedom fighters’ families, paramilitary personnel, and deceased soldier families owning residential property up to 300 square yards.
We hope you read our article entirely and it solves your queries about property tax in Gurgaon, factors deciding property tax, what property tax is, how to pay it online and offline in Gurgaon, Property tax on PG, MCG property tax penalty and Rebate.
If you are looking for affordable property in Gurgaon, contact us- at 8750868686.
Related Post –
How to find the Property ID number for MCG property tax?
If you pay the tax earlier the, you can find Property ID no on it. But if you are new tax payer then visit official website of MCG then fill name, address and other information then you can get your property ID.
Are parking lots and basement included in MCG property tax?
No, basement and parking lots do not included Tax
In Gurgaon, how can I check MCG property tax online?
You can check property tax online by using MCG property tax calculator.
How do I get a copy of my Gurgaon property tax bill?
You can download property tax bill by visiting official website of MCG.
What is the last day to pay MCG property tax?
31th July is the last day to pay MCG property Tax
Can I pay property tax in Gurgaon using UPI?
You can use net banking or UPI wallet rather than credit or debit card.
How can I download property tax bill for Gurgaon?
You can easily download property tax bill for Gurgaon using MCG official website mcg.gov.in.
Do I have to pay property tax in Gurgaon if the house size is 1,000 square foot?
No, you do not need to pay property tax in Gurgaon, if the house size is 1,000 square foot.
How can I pay property tax in Gurgaon?
Visit the official website and log in, then click on property tax option, then click on pay property tax, pay the amount. Once you pay the amount you will get receipt.
How to pay property tax in Gurgaon offline?
You can visit nearest property tax collection center or you can visit oriental bank of commerce branches in your city.